Sunday, December 15, 2013

Product Review: Dr. Scholl's® For Her Cozy Cushions Insoles

I live in northern Michigan, where the weather this time of year ranges from cold to REALLY cold to "Oh my god I think my lungs just froze." Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not much. Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who has to put on a sweater if the temperature drops below 75. Here's the view from my front porch right now:

 Brrr

Brrrrr.

My hands and feet are always cold in the wintertime, even if the house is a comfortable temperature and the rest of me is warm enough. So when I received my Rose Vox Box from Influenster, I was really excited to find Dr. Scholl's® For Her Cozy Cushions Insoles inside!

 IMG_20131123_154640

These are the boots I wore all last winter - you can see how worn-down they are inside, enough that the ridges under the "padding" sticks up. (Fortunately my mother-in-law was kind enough to buy me some Dr. Scholl's® Massaging Gel™ Insoles to use last winter; this is what the boots looked like after I took the insoles out). In addition to being uncomfortable on their own, they're also not very warm. Especially for a person who clearly is meant to live in the tropics. But that's what you get when you cheap out on your winter boots.

 20131216_190940

Obviously I was excited to try out the Cozy Cushions Insoles, and wow - it was like walking on a bearskin rug (or so I imagine, having never actually walked on a bearskin rug). My inexpensive boots were suddenly warm and cozy! Take a look - it looks like I put clouds in my boots!


20131216_192834

As the Dr. Scholl's® website states, the Cozy Cushions' "multi-layer design insulates against cold and dampness while absorbing perspiration," so your feet will stay warm and dry all day long.

ForHerCozyCushionsvoxbox-blogimage-popup2

The only even slightly negative thing I have to bring up about these insoles is that they do take up a bit of space inside my boots - when I first put the insoles in and then put on my boots, my feet felt pretty squished. Buying a 1/2 size larger would probably solve the problem; unfortunately, I wear a size 11, and that's the largest size they carry in regular retail stores (and even then they're somewhat hard to find and the selection is pretty limited), so I don't have the option to buy a larger size easily. You can also just wait it out, and the insoles will probably eventually "squish down." When I first put the Massaging Gel™ Insoles in my boots last year, my feet also felt cramped, but as I wore the boots with the insoles in them they eventually molded to the shape of my foot and became extremely comfortable. I assume that will happen here too, although I haven't been wearing my boots long enough this year (or been on my feet enough, thanks to my newly acquired stay-at-home-mom status) to have given them a thorough testing. (On a side note, the packaging for the Dr. Scholl's® For Her insoles says they're designed for sizes 6-10 - you cut them down to fit smaller sizes - but both pairs of insoles I've tried have worked just fine in a size 11 boot).

 20131216_190808

So, long story short, this product have given my cheap winter boots a new lease on life, and I give them two toasty-warm toes up!
You can find Dr. Scholl's® For Her Cozy Cushions Insoles and other Dr. Scholl's® products just about anywhere - click here to see a list of stores that carry products from Dr. Scholl's®. Dr. Scholl's® For Her Cozy Cushions Insoles retail for between $9 and $13, and are well worth the price, in my opinion!
 

DISCLAIMER: I received one or more of the items mentioned herein free for review purposes from Influenster; nonetheless, all opinions expressed are my own except where noted otherwise. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides, Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to revitalize a pair of boots, plus keep your feet extra toasty!

    ReplyDelete